Wednesday, November 05, 2008

You Didn't Know I Was A Fuckin' Rock Star?

Congratulations to President elect Barrack Obama.  This is literally history unfolding right before our eyes.  Long after we are gone, our children's children's children will read and learn about this historic event.  I feel so proud and blessed to have witnessed it first hand, not only to witness, but to have taken part in it personally.  I can say years from now that I helped to elect the first African American President into office.  
I feel like I can breathe again, the illusory grip that the last administration had around my neck has been loosed.  As Obama said last night, things will not happen over night.  I'm fine with that.  I just feel better knowing that we have turned the car around, and are finally moving in the right direction.  
Those tag words "Hope" and "Change" stirred emotion inside of so many Americans, and served as an amazing catalyst for newness.  I, for the first time in a while feel empowered myself.  I'm sure millions of other Americans share my sense of empowerment at this time. Hopefully, now Americans who thought that they never could, will persist on and accomplish.  Victory...  

Wow, look at them.  They look like me...

Somebody call the mover to start packing up Bush's draws.  Get his motherfucking ass out of the god damn White House.  I can't wait for Michelle to invite me over for a fork-full of greens and some corn bread, oh I just can't wait...

1 comment:

theoriginalblowersdaugtr said...

AMEN to all of that!! YES, WE HAVE!!