Friday, September 05, 2008

You All Could Never Keep Up With The Jones'...


  

The 80's is definitely a decade near and dear to my heart. David Bowie, The Culture Club, and Prince were among my favorites to listen to. I of course loved their music, but I also loved how the 80's open the door to this whole androgynous world. Growing up as a kid, I had no idea whether Boy George was a man or a woman, and to me back then that was OVAH!
The number gender-bending cunt of all time though has to be Grace Jones. No man even wore a high-top fade better than she did. Hits like "La Vie en Rose" and "Pull Up To My Bumper" helped fuel the extreme decadence of the late 70's and 80's. Grace Jones not only was a successful recording artist, but she started out modeling, and was a muse for the one and only Andy Warhol. Andy and Grace used to rip up the dance floors of Studio 54, and I'm sure snort hills of coke. I couldn't see skiing, but wouldn't you have loved to be at Studio 54 dancing with Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, and half the gay population of New York City? That is so fierce, and so is Grace Jones. Get into her check bones in this video, and show Grace some grace!



Have a great weekend!